Downtown Collingwood adds app-based Paid Parking option
The Town of Collingwood is adding an app-based parking payment option to paid parking in Downtown Collingwood beginning on Friday, September 4. Parking passes, pay and display, and coin operated payment methods will continue to be available in Downtown Collingwood. This app-based, online-based payment option will enhance the user experience and reduce interactions and touchpoints through the pandemic.
Downtown Parking Fees have not changed:
- Municipal Parking Lots: $0.75/hour
- Parking on Hurontario Street between Sidelaunch Way and Fourth Street: $1.00/hour
- Parking on Side Streets: $0.75/hour
As the Town responds to and recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, and continues to provide essential services and alternative service delivery opportunities, implementing new ideas for parking operations is crucial. Our traditional parking operations feature significant interaction with people, paper, cash, and pay stations. Given the risk associated with traditional interactions during a pandemic, and for the safety of members of our community and the travelling public, Staff are implementing this contactless, digital option in the Downtown. Using an app-based payment method could also one-day reduce capital and maintenance costs associated with traditional parking meters.
This option for Downtown also aligns with Collingwood’s new Paid Parking Pilot Project at Sunset Point Park and Princeton Shores, beginning on the Labour Day Weekend, where parking fees will be $5.00 per hour. Fees will be waived at the Resident-Only Parking Lot on the east end of Sunset Point Park near the Water Treatment Plant.
Paying for parking online, for Downtown Collingwood, Sunset Point Park, and Princeton Shores, will be available in one of two different methods:
- Download the HotSpot Parking App and pay by credit card (www.htsp.ca)
- Scan the NFC/QR code on the parking signs and pay through Apple Pay or Google Pay
Town of Collingwood Municipal Law Enforcement Officers will continue to ticket and/or tow vehicles that have not paid for parking in Downtown Collingwood. The set fine is $30 in addition to applicable towing fees. Officers will be equipped with License Plate Recognition technology and will be strictly enforcing paid parking.
Using the Hotspot Parking App easily lets you pay, extend, and manage your parking session. Use the app wherever you see HotSpot signs and decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way.
- Download the HotSpot Parking App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Park anywhere you see HotSpot Parking App signs and decals.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone.
- Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer.
- Receive digital copies of your parking receipts through the app.
For further information regarding parking enforcement contact:
Discover more at www.collingwood.ca/parking